Thanks

Two Spaces - End of Sentence - Full Justification (Word 2000)

I've seen other threads on the issue of 1 or 2 spaces at the end of sentences. I'm not trying to re-start the debate, but trying to find out about a problem I've encountered if two spaces are used at the end of a sentence and full justification is turned on. Personally, I always use 1 space, and will search and replace to get rid of double-spaces, but occasionally I'll get a document from a third-party with double-spaces at the end of a sentence and full justification turned on. Word seems to have trouble with this and will sometimes not align the right side of the paragraph properly because of the extra space. It doesn't have trouble with single spaces, but the extra space seems to throw it off. Has anybody else seen this behavior? Any solutions other than switching to single spaces? Thx. -Rich.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two Spaces - End of Sentence - Full Justification (Word 2000)

Hi Rich:
    Tick the option under Tools/Options/Compatibility tab/ Do full justification like WordPerfect 6.x for Windows. This condenses spacing between words, rather than expand. Does that help?

Thanks

Re: Two Spaces - End of Sentence - Full Justification (Word 2000)

Thanks for the idea. I actually have that on by default. Maybe it's just a screen problem? I thought I read somewhere that if you use the Full Just. like WP6, that it prints OK, but may not display on screen? I'm trying to find a doc now that made me think of this issue and check it out. I think I found one, and it doesn't look right on screen, but it prints OK. So, I guess maybe it's just a screen anomaly and not a printing problem. Thx. -Rich.