New Lounger
    Thanks

Fault Redundant Boot Disks

I have been trying to create a Fault Tolerant Boot disk, to recover from an NT Mirrored shadow disk.

However on booting up, using a suitably configured Boot.ini, I get a blue screen of death and screen dump followed by a reboot.

My thoughts are that My boot partition could be too large .. at 9,288MB. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any recommendations?

Cheers in advance.

Thanks

Re: Fault Redundant Boot Disks

If it was a true mirror of your original boot disk, I would expect it to have an identical partition size and therefore be able to boot.

Have you suffered a disaster, or are you doing a dry run?

My only experience has been the real thing - but that only had a 2GB boot partition. It was simply a matter of removing the faulty drive, setting the jumpers of the mirror to match the original Drive 0 and switching on....

New Lounger
    Thanks

Luckily I am doing a dry run. It guess it pays to check if these recovery plans work from time to time.

I will try to reduce the boot partition in size and try again. I seem to recall that there is a golden 8Gb rule somewhere before NT starts having to translate the file structure.

Many thanks.

Thanks

What I'm a bit lost on is that if you have created a mirror, surely the mirrored drive is the same size as the boot drive it is copying?

Can you confirm you are using the mirror function in disk management in NT Server?

Otherwise, check out:
    Windows NT 4.0 Supports Maximum of 7.8-GB System Partition (Q224526)