Results 1 to 2 of 2
2002-04-29, 17:33 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
captions not appearing in table of figures (Word 2000 SP-1)
When inserting captions for figures that are not in line with text, a text box automatically appears under the figure with the caption. But, for some reason the Table of Figures does not recognize the text box. It will not update ( caption does not appear in TOF). I have tried selecting both the figure and the text box and inserting a frame, but the Insert Frame option is grayed out when I select the figure. Please advise!
2002-04-29, 18:16 #2KTYorkeGuest
Re: captions not appearing in table of figures (Word 2000 SP-1)
I had to do the same thing the other day... I used the tip below from the Word Tips mailing list to allow me to make it all happen.
This was originally to allow me to comment the text boxes and I also found that I could use it in creating a TOF. As long as your captions have their own style you can have the TOF search for the caption style. If you have any questions, post back.
Frames have been available in Word for longer than text boxes. They provide basically the same capabilities, but there are some differences. One of the differences is that you can add comments to
text within frames. (All of the differences between text boxes and frames was covered in a previous issue of WordTips.) To convert a text box to a frame, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the border of your text box. Word displays a Context menu.
2. From the Context menu, choose the Format Text Box option. Word displays the Format Text Box dialog box.
3. Make sure the Text Box tab is selected.
4. Click on the Convert to Frame button.
5. Word informs you that by making the conversion, some of the text box's formatting may be lost. Click on OK.