New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 & Access 2002 on the same PC? (Access 2002)

I have an ACCESS 97 database that I am developing an application on and cannot be converted to ACCESS 2002, because the potential users only have ACCESS 97 on their PC. I need to move that database to my laptop, which has Office XP installed. Can I install Access 97 on my laptop where Access 2002 is already installed?

Lucy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 & Access 2002 on the same PC? (Access 2002)

Yes you can. But read the articles in the MSKB about installing 2 or more versions of Access. Article Q241141 deals with Access 97 & 2000, and it references other articles for other pairings.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 & Access 2002 on the same PC? (Access 2002)

I have had no problems with running A97 and AXP on the same machine, and I've installed A97 after Office 2002 on a couple of machine. Read the MSKB articles first and make sure you remember to rename the Hatten.ttf font file, since earlier versions of Office try to install an earlier version of the file and blow up when they can't. It's also a good idea to temporarily rename the XP Access executable while you install the A97 version to a completely different folder, just to avoid confusion. Of course, you have to remember to rename it back to MSAccess.exe afterward.
    Charlotte