Thread: Opera 3.60

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Opera 3.60

I just started trying Opera from an old evaluation version that I had downloaded some time ago. Does anyone know if there are new features from the latest version over 3.60?

Is there a way to make the display larger? I notice that the font is extremely small when I type this message.

Also, does anyone know where I can print out a complete list of hotkeys to use for Opera.

Thanks in advance,

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opera 3.60

Hi, Phil. A quick trip over to the Opera site revealed this features sheet for ver.5.02. Maybe this will give you a place to start. One of the enhancements listed is better java handling... maybe that's the answer to the url tool tips?
    Karen

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Karen. I just downloaded it. Since it's free, I guess I have nothing to lose by trying it out...other than I have over 180 utilities I've downloade but haven't installed yet.[img]/w3timages/icons/exclamation.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

And I thought I was alone in that type of cluttering... I DL something that I think I just have to have and then think better of it. Of course, being a pack-rat by nature, I can't bring myself to delete it until I've thoroughly mulled it over... mulling being one of those things I just never seem to get to.[img]/w3timages/icons/dizzy.gif[/img] It's a vicious cirle.
    Karen

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I know the feeling. But one tip I read in a book, "The Unofficial Guide to PCs" by Lee, Hudspeth, & Butler was fantastic. I keep all my downloads organized by type AND as soon as I download something (Newgadget.zip), I make a text file called "Newgadget.txt" & keep it in the same folder. In it I put the name, version, download site, date & time I downloaded, & description. Whether I sort the window by name or date, the two files always stay together, so I can at least tell what it is & how long I've been "mulling".

ileacy

What I usually do is prefix the download file name with the full package name and version, eg. if op.zip happened to be Opera version 3.60, then I would save it as "(Opera v3_60)op.zip". Saves me keeping a separate file, allthough I usually also have an Outlook Note I have made that has the details about why I initially wanted the package and where I got it from. If I actually install it I update the note with any setup info.