Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Files from Word (Office 2000 (SR-1a))

I frequently attach a Word (doc) file to a message for my business partner. However, when I select insert/file ALL Word files appear in the Insert File window.

The default is *.* which shows files of all types, ie. bak, doc, etc. Obviously, I can select <.doc> files as the file type and reduce the number of files shown to only those with a .doc extension. However, the next time I use the insert/file option the list defaults back to the *.*/all files list.

How do I change the default so that only .doc files are shown in the insert file window? Or, is there a problem with Office that results in the default not being changed when I select the .doc files as the file type in the insert files window?

Thanks.
    -- dave --

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Files from Word (Office 2000 (SR-1a))

I think it would be easier to find the icon for the document you want to attach using My Computer or My Documents on the desktop, right click on it, and choose "Send as attachment".
    egghead

Lounger
    Thanks

Egghead,

Thanks for the suggested alternative. I'm not sure that's easier, but I may give that a try. Always willing to learn new ways of doing things.

I'd still like to find the answer to my question. I can't believe there's not a way to set the file type option.

Thanks again.
    -- dave --

Thanks

I am running an add-in that does prevents me from testing this, but what happens if you create a macro like this:

Sub CustomInsert()
    CommandBars("Insert").Controls("File...").Execute
    SendKeys "*.doc{ENTER}"
    End Sub