Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting a file (Word 2000)

I have used the Insert - File command on the menu in Word many times to insert an existing Word file into my document with no problems. At a client's office I went to use the same command and what came up on top of the document was new message command buttons as if I had gone to File - Sent to - Mail Recipient, to send an email. This client uses Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Exchange for their email. Does anyone know why this happens? Because this is happening I am not able to insert a file and must go to the source file and cut and paste or insert it as an object. Thank you.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting a file (Word 2000)

Hi Dorothy:
    The first thing that you might want to check is whether the Insert/File command was reassigned. See <!post=this post, 127986>this post<!/post> for instructions on how to determine this.

If it is, you can go to Tools/Customize & reassign the menu command to Insert/File.

Cheers,

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting a file (Word 2000)

Hi Phil,
    Thank you very much for your help. I went back to my client's office the following day I did open up to see the command and it was correct, and without doing anything the command works properly on all machines again. I have no idea why and thinking maybe it was a clich with the network or MS Exchange. Thanks again for the info and I am sure it will be helpful in the future.
    Dorothy