Star Lounger
    Thanks

'My Pictures' Script Error

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by WyllyWylly on 01-May-02 23:42.</P>When try to open photo in Win Me desktops's "My Pictures," get Error window titled "Internet Explorer Script Error," main line of which reads: "WiaMgr.Devices.Length is null or not an object."
    Error window also shows:
    "URL: file://C:WINDOWSWebImgView.htt" plus "Line: 103" -- "Character: 13" -- Code: 0".
    Does this mean anything to anyone? Tried MS Knowledge Base but one solution suggested did not work.

THANX!

WriterBob

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'My Pictures' Script Error

Bob,

The error you are getting is a problem with the web view in Windows. If you turn off the "View as a Web Page" option for your folders, the error should stop occurring. You do lose some minor functionality by doing so, but I find that the increase in system performance makes up for it.

The other alternative that I can suggest is re-running Windows setup, which will hopefully correct and blown-up system files. Did you recently install any new patches or software?
    -Mark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

MARK: You hit the nail on the head! Unfortunately, downside of the change is that preview viewer in Desktop's My Pictures doesn't show up at all now. More important, thumbnail previews of photos and graphics in other folders don't appear anymore, either. So I guess I just won't use My Pictures, which does not contain much anyway because of the script error problem.

When "View as Web Page" is on, My Pictures looks and reacts correctly. But as soon as cursor touches one of the photo thumbnails, up pops that damned script error. Maybe re-running Windows setup would be a good idea; might just help.

Thanx for the assist! <<Bob Arlow>>

Super Moderator
    Thanks

My Pictures should be a subfolder under My Documents.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I moved My Pictures out of My Documents some time ago, so it's a separate folder on C: drive. There's also My Pictures folder on Desktop as installed by Win Me --not a shortcut but actual folder. Each of the two My Pictures contains different material. Perhaps by moving My Pictures out of My Documents, I screwed up some linkage?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

"My Pictures folder on Desktop as installed by Win Me --not a shortcut but actual folder" is a link to your My Pictures of the My Documents folder just is NOT ID'd as a link. The same goes for the My Documents icon on the desktop.
    Yes, when one messes with the folders that are made by the Windows and Office installations, will mess up the links on the desktop. There are tools that should help with the changing of the locations, but they do NOT always work.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.