New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Refuses to Import .jpg

Word 97 SR-2, Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
    Last night I spent a couple of hours reading this year's posts about Word (and gleaned a ton of information, thank you all very much), downloading some stuff, opening some attachments and looking at them. After I closed the browser, I opened Word to try some of the ideas for rotating a .jpg in Word. To my astonishment, Word will no longer insert a .jpg file. I get the infamous "This machine has performed an illegal operation ---." Does anyone have any help for me??

JoanS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Refuses to Import .jpg

Hi Joan:

You can only rotate drawing objects. What you can do it double click a .jpg to open it in another drawing program, such as MS Photo Editor, & rotate it there. When you close the Photo Editor, the .jpg image will stay rotated.

As far as Word crashing, there may be another reason, however. The causes vary tremendously. If you have no obvious reason, such as a recent application from being installed or uninstalled or a new add-in, etc., try searching for all temp files (*.tmp,~*.*) & deleting them.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Refuses to Import .jpg

Thank you so much for a prompt answer. I now realize I misinterpreted how to rotate the graphic - and that I must click on the .jpg file itself, not after it is inserted in Word. As for Word crashing, I did remove all .tmp files, then had the sense to look in "Details" when I got the "this machine" message - it was the video driver that was suddenly corrupt. When that was replaced, all works well! But I have no idea what corrupted the video driver!

JoanS