Star Lounger
    Thanks

Split Tasks (Win2000/Project 2000)

I am new to Project ... I am trying to split a task into 5 "event" dates of 2 days each over a years time. I cannot seem to control it precisely enough. I there anyway to define the date intervals?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
    Chris

Thanks

Re: Split Tasks (Win2000/Project 2000)

As far as I know, there is not an easy way to do what you request other then splitting the task and setting the dates manually. If you have resources assigned to the task and are concerned about conflicting work schedules, you could use the resource usage view to see when hours are assigned to help split the tasks more accurately.

If you are splitting the task into five different periods, why not create five tasks linked finish to start and put them as a child to a summary task. This would simulate the split task and may make it easier to track and modify.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Split Tasks (Win2000/Project 2000)

Hi Gary,
    Thanks again for your response ... I had drawn the conclusion that this was not very controlable .. and I did recommend she split it into 5 sub-tasks. This was on a "global" overview project plan and she was interested in keeping it suscinct. I asked the question here to assure that I was not overlooking something in my lack of experience with this program. Not my area of knowledge.

Thanks, Chris