Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Issues (Win2000/Project 2000)

Is there anyway to define the time frame you want to print. For example this is a manufacturing plant training plan that spans from 1/1/02 - 12/01/02. The scale is set to quarters/months. For print purposes I only want to show beginning Q 1/Jan through Q4/Dec but I get Q4 Dec (01)- Q1 Jan (03).

Also when I print the resource allocation on another file ... project begins June 2 this year .. it prints from "today" to the end of project. I only want from June on.

Lastly, is there a way to page break the printing of Task Notes?

Thanks again for all your help. I am "frustrated" at best with this program.

Chris

Thanks

Re: Print Issues (Win2000/Project 2000)

You can set the date range in the the Print dialog box.

I am not certain about your other questions - perhaps someone else will have a suggestion.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

... For printing,

Select File, Print, and set the timescale to be printed in the Timescale box.

... Could you clarify what you mean by <is there a way to page break the printing of Task Notes?> Where are you trying to page break the notes? Perhaps you could do this in a report.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Catherine ... I will look for that when I get into my client's office tomorrow. I think we overlooked it because I was looking at the print preview.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is a setting in the page set up options that allows you to print the notes associated with the tasks. I wondered if there was a way to control where the page breaks on them. I could not find anything.

Thanks you for your response ... as for the timescale .. I will look at that tomorrow when I get into my clients office.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks

Regarding the notes,

I don't believe you can control the page breaks on notes when you select the print notes checkbox. You could create a report with the notes field in it, however, I don't see how you would control page breaks there either. It could probably be done using code, however, that is another question...
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Gary ... you are confirming what I had thought ... I guess I'm expecting too much from this program. I have heard the 2002 version has some substantial changes to it .... but I'm not sure my client will migrate up since they just migrated to 2000 .. but who knows ... everything else there has gone to XP.

I appreciate your help ... and once again the people on Woody's never disappoint me.

Thanks

... I am glad I could help. I think project 2000 was much improved over 98. I have not yet seen the newer versions, but I am sure they will improve as well.

Good luck
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)