5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What is it with forms? (2000)

Every so often, when changing the controls on a form in the VBE, the change results in Excel being unable to find the specified object. Sometimes, it might be adding a combo box, other times it is something as simple as deleting a label. There is no code associated with the controls, just the control itself. This happens even after closing the workbook and reopening it.

Exporting the form and re-importing the form seems to clear up the problem. Doesn't cause Excel to crash or anything, just an error when calling the macro to show the form. In the form below, deleting the highlighted label caused the macro not to be able to find the form. Is this typical, or isolated?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What is it with forms? (2000)

Hi Michael,

I've experienced similar problems in WOrd: after adding a control, it was not recognized in the VBE and did not appear in the dropdown lists. Saving, closing and reopening the Word file cleared the problem, but as soon as I added another I would (sometimes!) have the problem reappear.

Have you searched the KB about this?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What is it with forms? (2000)

I have also experienced this with Word VBA.

If I Compile the project and then save the template it all starts working normally again.

StuartR