donb1948

Temporary Internet Files = Cookies

This might be a case of leave well enough alone, but here goes...

Whenever I open my "Temporary Internet Files" folder either by digging down through the folders by double-clicking successive windows or by using Windows Explorer, or by using the view files button under "Tools, internet options, temporary internet files, setting" in the IE 5.5 application, I see the contents of my "Cookies" folder. If I use another application to view the folder, such as PowerDesk" which uses the Windows Explorer paradigm, I see the actual cache.

I've used the repair Internet Explorer option, but it did not change anything.

Any idea what's happening and how to fix. So far (as best I know), this is just an oddity. It does not seem to have caused any problems. It just bugs the heck out of me...

Thanks.

Don

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Temporary Internet Files = Cookies

Cookies are NOT stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder, they are merely mirrored there. They are stored by default in C:WindowsCookies (or whatever your primary hard drive is).

Also, the entire cache is mirrored in each of the 4 numbered subfolders & the Content IE folder. However, they are broken down randomly into the 4 numbered folders for faster access & for security reasons.

What you're seeing is "normal"; there's nothing to repair.

donb1948

Thanks, Phil.

One of these days, I'll stop screwing around with things of which I know nothing.

don

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Nah. If we did that, there'd be no reason to visit this Lounge & we'd never have any fun[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/nuts.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/nuts.gif[/img]