Star Lounger
    Thanks

'Calculate' problem (2000/SR-1)

I have a 19 MB workbook that will not calc completely - except on a save. Any change after the file is reopened causes the "Calculate" message to appear on the status bar. F9 and/or Ctrl+Alt+F9 cause the status bar to change breifly - and the percents always increment up to 19% and then stop (and the Calculate msg returns).

Previous versions (some of which are even larger) of the same workbook with (I think) only minor formula and data changes - all work fine.

I have checked the MSKB. And the "three known conditions in which the status bar will show CALCULATE" disucssed on the decisionmodels.com web site were interesting; but I'm not sure that any of the three cover this problem - at least not completely.

As it is now - I have to make the change - save the file - and reopen it in order to "see" the change. No amount of F9'ing seems to make the workbook calc past the 19%.

Any help or shove in the right direction would be appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Calculate' problem (2000/SR-1)

This could possibly be some corruption in the file. You could try saving the file in HTML format. Then open the HTML file and save it back to xls format under a new name. Then see if the new xls file still has the problem.

I guess that there could also be a circular reference that XL is not detecting.
    Legare Coleman

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was thinking it might be an "inadvertent" circ reference - but did not find one during an audit. Any other ideas/thoughts about how to sniff this out?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you try the save in HTML format? That is my best, and at them moment only, suggestion.
    Legare Coleman