Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

WordArt alignment & rotation (Word97/SR2)

There appears to be no easy way to position and rotate WordArt

As far as I can see:

(1) A text box, even when converted to a frame, cannot be rotated. (The text within can be rotated 0, 90, 180 or 270)

(2) WordArt can be rotated but cannot easily be positioned absolutely on a page. WordArt is positioned relative to the text anchor. Regardless of whether a range is specified as the optional anchor, the positioning of WordArt cannot be perfected.

The attached macro code attempts to set a series of words in WordArt boxes around a page. There is just enough text to run across the top and down the right hand side of an A4/letter sheet of paper. (The macro code is incomplete and will not succeed in running text along the bottom and up the left-hand side.)

If you run the macro in Word97/SR2 you may find as I did that the consistent value of "lngBoxLeft" in the call to "AddStringBox" does not result in a consistent alingnment of the WordArt down the right-hand side of the page.

Then try removing the optional Range argument to the "AddTextEffect" method. I think you'll find that you fare no better.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordArt alignment & rotation (Word97/SR2)

Chris.

< WordArt is positioned relative to the text anchor >

If you select your WordArt and then Foramt, WordArt and select the Layout Tab, you can choose the advanced options which allow you to align the object relative to the Page, Paragraph etc. This works in 2000, and I suspect it also worked in 97. However I am not sure if this method attains perfection.

Your macro seems to be looking for a UGreaves object.

Andrew

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WordArt alignment & rotation (Word97/SR2)

I didn't play with your macro, but I just took a look at an old Macro of mine that does something similar, and I noted lines such as...
    <pre>With shpWordArt
    .RelativeHorizontalPosition = wdRelativeHorizontalPositionMargin
    .RelativeVerticalPosition = wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
    .WrapFormat.AllowOverlap = True
    .WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapNone
    .Rotation = iAngle
    End With
    </pre>

StuartR