New Lounger
    Thanks

immortal items-unknown error (Outlook 2000 sr-1)

i have some mail items that refuse to die. when i try to delete them i get an unknown error. they're older items from older versions of outlook that got upgraded over time. i can't recall where they started, but they are from '98-'99. they're basically just a nuisance, but they cannot be deleted or even moved to a folder from the inbox. i don't want to carry them with me into the next version of outlook. is there some way i can manually edit these out of the database?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: immortal items-unknown error (Outlook 2000 sr-

1. <LI> Clear out your Inbox - other than the problem items. <LI>Open a new .pst file (File|New|Personal Folders File). Make a careful note of which folder Outlook first offers to save this file in, as this should also be the folder in which your existing .pst file is stored. (The new file will end up being your new Personal Folders File.) <LI>Drag all of your non-default mail, contacts & other folders to the new .pst file.<LI>Pressing Ctrl while you drag with your mouse, copy all your default folders (other than your Inbox) to the new .pst file. <LI>Steps 3 & 4 will have preserved any custom views in your existing folders - other than your Inbox.<LI>Close Outlook.<LI>Make sure that you have "Show all Files and Folders" checked in Control Panel|Folder Options. <LI>Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder you identified in Step 2. (This usually is something like [username]Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook. Move the older .pst file out of the folder. (It should now be ths smaller of the two files - use Details view in Explorer to check if necessary.)<LI>Open Outlook.<LI>When Outlook complains that it can't find your old .pst file, point it to the new one.<LI>Outlook should now run as desired - after you've recreated any custom view you may have had for your Inbox. <LI>Once everything is running properly, dispose of the old file as you wish
    HTH
    Gre