New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel97/Access97 (Access 97/SR1)

I am fairly new to Access so bare with my with my terminology is incorrect. I have a table that has been created with 387 records in Access 97. I received an excel spreadsheet with 150 records to be added to the 387 records. I have made sure the field name are correct but I am having a problem combining them with delete the original 387 records. Thank You

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel97/Access97 (Access 97/SR1)

SOS,

With such a small number of records, you might try copy and paste.

If you run into difficulties, please post back.

HTH,

Tom

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for responding Tom.
    I was going to copy and paste except I was a little concerned as to the first column in Access because it is auto numbered. I did not add that column to the excel spreadsheet with the next number or was I suppose to?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you copy and paste, please do not paste into the autonumber field. Access will assign numbers to it (the autonumber column) as records are added.

Here's a pasting hint (in Access) - to select many rows of data (like in one column) make the cursor a white plus sign (near the left edge of the cell you want), then click in the cell. It should look black- the reverse of the normal formatting). Release the mouse button. Hold down the Shift key and use the "down arrow" key to select more cells. You can also use Shift + Page Down.

HTH,

Tom