4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting Tables (2000 SR-1)

I have a database which has 14 tables, most of which contain static information. Two tables change daily. Because of the size of the mdb file, I don't want to E-mail the whole file. Even compacted and then zipped it is over 1200K in size.

What I would like to do is be able to send just the two tables so the receiver could export the tables into their database. Is there an easy way do do this? I do not write code.

Tom

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Tables (2000 SR-1)

Try creating a new database and then importing the first data table you want into it. Then check the size of the new database. Do the same for the second table and check it's size. Each should be a fair bit smaller than the original. In addition, you can then zip each database, and they should shrink a fair bit more. That should result in files sizes that can be emailed unless your ISP has really tight restrictions on file size.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Tables (2000 SR-1)

Thanks for the suggestion.
    New DB -no files 92KB; tblCustomer=396KB; tblRental1533KB; total compacted but unzipped 2021KB; zipped 562KB
    Zipped the the database with only the 2 tables is about 40% less than the entire
    database.
    Thanks again.
    Tom