Star Lounger
    Hemel and/or Luton, UK, Hertfordshire, England
    Thanks

Beginners Guide? (Access XP)

Hi everyone...

Can anyone suggest a good website for Access beginners/intermediate users. Just something that covers the basics and maybe a FAQ would be good. Tutorials and worked examples would be even better!

Cheers

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Beginners Guide? (Access XP)

I would suggest an alternative to a website: any of the introductory books by Microsoft will get you going. The Step by Step series, in particular.

When you're ready for something a little meatier (and that will happen soon!), check out Helen Feddema's book.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In addition to the "Step by Step" Access book, I would suggest "Running Microsoft Access 2000" (I know you asked about XP - I don't know if the XP version is out yet) by John Viescas. It is very well presented and thorough. I have been looking for Helen's book, as she does a good job on the Woody's Access Watch page, but I have not yet found a copy.

Based on my experience with "Access 2000 Unleashed," I would recommend against it - it may serve a particular need, but I have not been impressed: far too much time and attention to Access as a front end to SQL Server or Oracle, and too little on using Access for a personal or departmental / work group database system - but perhaps that just reflects my bias.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi fatjon

I agree with dcardno, dittoes on