New Lounger
    Thanks

Oversized display (Excel 97 SR2)

I have an Excel spreadsheet that opens displaying many sheets with the font appearing so so big only part of the characters fit in the already oversized cell. The rows look like they're overlapping each other.
    I've found that simply by changing the zoom percent the display returns to normal. I can even put the zoom back the the original 75% without a problem. Changing the zoom on any sheet seems to instantly fix the entire file. However, once I save and close, the problem returns as soon as I reopen the file. As far as I can tell this is a pretty typical spreadsheet except that it does have an unusually large number of sheets. Print Preview shows no problem even before I adjust the zoom. It seems to be just a temporary illusion that occurs only upon opening the file. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Oversized display (Excel 97 SR2)

This sounds to me like it might be a problem with the driver for your display adapeter. Check the manufacturer's web site to see if they have a newer version.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

...see attached picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

This is a real shot in the dark, but try resetting the printer driver, or re-installing it.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

This problem is limited to this one file. If the file is opened on another pc, by another user, using another printer, the problem still occurs. (see picture on earlier post).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Another shot in the dark, then, Select all the text and change the font to a True Type font like Arial or TNR, and see if that helps.

I still think re-selecting the Printer is worth trying, if you have not already done so.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

Try this. We had the same problem here. In excel go to View - Zoom - check 50%, then go upto your tool bar where it shows your view size and change that to 100% and it should look normal.