4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scroll Bar Button Size? (2000 / 9.0.3821)

In Table View, the "Grab Button" (for lack of a better term) on the verticle Scroll Bar is very small (& difficult to "grab", as a result.) The particular Table I am working in contains a lot of data; but I've noticed in smaller Tables, the "Grab Button" is extended, almost like a "Bar". Is there a way to increase a Scroll Bar's Button size? Thanks.

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scroll Bar Button Size? (2000 / 9.0.3821)

Not that I know of. The size is apparently determined by the number of records displayed in a screen and the total number of records.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte,

Thanks.

MF
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

You can increase the width of the vertical scrollbar's "Grab Button" by adjusting Control Panel Display settings for scrollbars, which will affect appearance of both horizontal & vertical scrollbars in all programs, not just Access. This may make it a little easier to grab hold of. However, this setting will not increase button's height, which in any program is sized in proportion to the percentage of data in active window that is visible on screen.

As you may already know you can use PG UP and PG DOWN shortcuts in datasheet view to scroll up & down, less obvious, if you have table with large number of fields you can use CTL+PG DOWN and CTL+PG UP to scroll from left to right or right to left respectively.

For trivia fans the technical term for scrollbar "Grab Button" is "thumb".

HTH
    MD CSE (Certified Scrollbar Expert)