Lounger
    Thanks

Printing page range on doc with front matter (WORD 2000)

We use templates that contain 8-10 pages of front matter, and they are numbered in roman numerals. We start a new section with standard numbering at the introductory page of the document. When we want to print a page range that begins at page 1-8, WORD insists on sending the front matter to the printer. Of course, when we ask for pages 9-11 (when page 8 is the last page of the front matter), we get pages 9, 10, and 11 of the document, not pages 1, 2, and 3. Is there a way to correct this issue?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing page range on doc with front matter (WORD 2000)

You can include section numbers in the print range:
    s2 means: print section 2
    p1s2-p3s2 means: print page 1 of section 2 through page 3 of section 2
    etc.

Thanks

The method HansV describes is the only reliable way to tell Word exactly what you want to print. As you can tell, Word seems to print the "first match" by the numbering you have assigned ("logical" pages), and not the "physical" pages. If using the s2p1 syntax is too much of a hassle, you could create a custom dialog (VBA UserForm). However, to really "do it right"

Thanks

Hey this is good. I struggled with this one for ages trying to print a range of pages in my wife's book, and either had to print a whole section even if I wanted only some of the pages of it, or print one page at a time. I didn't know you could combine things like p1s2 - why don't they document this stuff, or did I miss something!

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Online help seems to become less useful with each new version. I'm still using Word 97. It's fairly easy to find it there - either look up Printing and then Specific pages in the help Index, or open the Print dialog box, click the question mark in the upper right corner and then click in the page range box. Clippy, characteristically, isn't very helpful here - it takes at least four steps to get to the relevant information.