Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge (Word '97)

Hi! I did a mail merge for labels and the labels are turning out wierd, for example the bottom row is squished on the bottom of the page. My theory is that the merge was done on my computer which has Word 2000 and converted down to Word '97 and as a result, it is what has caused the problem.

I suggested to my friend that the only way to resolve the problem is for her to upgrade to Word 2000 or to have the labels printed on my computer. Please let me know if my theory is right or am I missing something? Thank you

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Word '97)

Check those top and bottom margin settings. Check also to see if both printers are capable of printing that close to the bottom edge of the paper. Are the label (table) settings set to allow "rows to break across pages"? Try that and the margin settings and you should be able to print anywhere. Basically any Word 2000 document should print equally (after a bit of tweaking maybe) from a Word 97 machine.

Thanks

Re: Mail merge (Word '97)

Try setting the option in Word 2000 to disable features not supported in Word 97.

Tools => Options => Save (tab)
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin