New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple User Profiles (Office 2000 Professional)

I have recently upgraded form Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Professional on my home computer. I decided to set up 4 user profiles, one for each member of my family, but I can only get Office 2000 to run on my profile. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it in the administrator profile, as well as my own after upgrading it to administrator level. I also tried Microsoft's registry cleaning utility before the reinstall, but my version of the Windows Installer is too current for that to work. I have also checked the security access to the Office directory to make sure that it is available to all users. Is there a way to get this to work, or does Microsoft expect me to buy an Office license for each member of my family? Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to offer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple User Profiles (Office 2000 Professional)

You must install Office from Administrator account using Install Mode (Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | "Add new programs" button).

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple User Profiles (Office 2000 Professional)

Thanks for the suggestion, but it still wouldn't work, although I was able to get further than before. I'm starting to think that the only option left is a complete reformat of my hard drive and reinstall of Windows and Office 2K. Thanks again.