New Lounger
    Thanks

Repeating requests for Office XP EULA (SP-1)

Since I installed a recent Office XP hot patch, each time I open Word or Excel the Office XP End User License Agreement dialog box opens and demands that I accept the terms of the license or the application won't start. My version of Word 2002 is (10.3416.3501) SP-1, and Excel 2002 is (10.3506.3501) SP-1. I don't mind accepting their agreement once, but being asked each time I open the program seems excessive. Any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Repeating requests for Office XP EULA (SP-1)

I finally figured out my problem. In case anyone else has this problem, here is what happened. I use a separate account with administrator privileges to download programs, but nothing else. I do all my routine work in a restricted account to prevent e-mail viruses from loading software. I downloaded the Office XP service pack (SP-!) in the admin account, but used Word and Excel only in the restricted account. I have fixes before without any problem, but apparently microsoft only requires you to accept their terms when they send a full service pack, not smaller bug fixes. Anyway, the restricted account evidently doesn't have the privilege to set the "bit" some where that tells it that I have accepted the EULA. So, I just logged on to the admin account, opened Word, accepted the EULA, then quit and logged out. Now, when I use Word etc. in the restricted account, I no longer see the license window.