Silver Lounger
    Thanks

sysfader (XP Pro)

In Windows XP Pro what is "sysfader" and what would cause it not to respond?

Thanks
    H Lewton

Thanks

Re: sysfader (XP Pro)

Sysfader is an extremely difficult thing to find out about!

The best answer I can come up with is this from Winnetmag.com:

Sysfader is a function exported from BrowseUI.dll and is used to give the fade effect on the start menu. Try changing this to scroll as follows:

Control Panel -> Display -> Effects tab -> Visual effects -> change the effect from 'Fade' to 'Scroll'

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. Do you know if I just uncheck the box altogether if it would hurt any other operation on the machine? I don't really know what good that effect does or even what it does. I can't see any difference. Could this be because I always setup my machines with the "Classic" view?
    H Lewton

Thanks

If it is anything like the effect it has on W2K I would uncheck it altogether - when I click on a menu I want it to open, not fade in or scroll.

As far as I can see it is just some cosmetic effect which can only slow life down.

After selecting/deselecting did you click on apply? If it is making no difference you may have a corrupt file somewhere, but in all honesty I would say you are better off without it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I did select "apply" Thanks for your help, I'm just going to do away with it altogether. I never did see any of those effects even when the machine was brand new. Well that's not entirely true, they were there the first time I turned the machine on but once I set it up using the "classic view" and displaying "Windows Explorer" the way I wanted most all those fancy time consuming things seemed to be gone. I did also do a lot of tweaking to get the "desktop" to appear the way I wanted.

Thanks again.
    H Lewton