3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gridlines/Borders (2000 SR1)

One of my users is having a problem with labels and forms. I thought it first it was happening in tables but doesn't appear to be. Some (not all) of her forms and label files have a large grid in the background. This can only be seen in print layout view. I cannot explain it. It has nothing to do with show/hide gridlines. There are no table borders turned on because it isn't a table. The size of the grid varies between documents. Any suggestions?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Gridlines/Borders (2000 SR1)

Hi Melanie,

I just re-checked my labels created in Word (I have a few that I use for reprinting) and my labels *are* created in a table. Not sure how you could create labels otherwise. It does seem funny that the hide grid feature doesn't remove the grid. And it also seems strange that if you can't see the grid on the file when opened that you can see it on the print preview. Does this grid print?

Marilyn

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry to confuse you. The labels are a table. However this grid appears behind the labels. For instance, if they are avery 5160, 3 columns per page of 10 labels, you still see a grid behind the labels even with thegridlines turned on. Behind the regular gridlines are tiny 1 cm x 1 cm gridlines. If the document is a form (whether locked or unlocked) there is not a table anywhere in the form, these strange grids are still appearing. I just cannot explain it. I didn't believe it until I went to her office and saw it myself.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The grid that you are seeing is more than likely the drawing grid. Display the Drawing toolbar, click on Draw, then Grid... Uncheck Display gridlines on screen.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you thank you. That is it. Of course she is going to ask me how that option was checked!

Thanks again