New Lounger
    Thanks

Word97 - Font Colors (Word97sr2)

I've been using Word 97 for a long time. My biggest frustration is that, as far as I know, there are only 16 colors, including black and white, from which to choose for font colors. There isn't a way to customize colors by clicking on "More Colors" as there is for background colors. I know about WordArt, but I don't want to use those specialized banner-type configurations. I just want customized colors for "normal" text fonts. Have I missed something? I've been told that the 2000 and 2002 versions have this feature. Is there a trick or registry entry I could make to change Word97?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word97 - Font Colors (Word97sr2)

----------------------------------------
    Have I missed something?
    ----------------------------------------
    No. What you have is it. 16 colors.
    You will need to upgrade for more colors.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I have exactly the same problem, and intend later this week to install (part of?) Works Suite 2002 simply to obtain Word 2002 by the cheapest method, and thus obtain <font color=blue>lots</font color=blue> more colours. I asked a question in General Office Solutions about how easy it was to do this and keep all of Office 97 SBE unscathed, but didn't get an answer...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I used Works Suite 2002 to get a cheap copy of Word 2002 - it worked, and I could also keep Word 97 from Office 97 SBE.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...