New Lounger
    Thanks

Saving reports (2000)

Hi all
    If any one can help it would be much apreciated. I wanted to know if it is possible to save old reports as archive in a table or something within the same database, so they can be found if need be.

Thanx
    D

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Saving reports (2000)

I'm assuming that when you say you want "... to save old reports as archive...", you mean in some sort of compressed format to save space? If so, then the answer is no. However, you can hide them to keep them out of view. The best solution, however, is to move them to a separate database.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, a table is a very different beast from a report.

But if you want to save the data a report is based on at a certain moment, you can save a copy of the record source of the report (table or query) as a table. You'll probably want to include the date and/or time in the table name for documentation purposes.

Or you can export the report to Word (.rtf), Ascii, HTML, ... But depending on your choice, you will loose some or all formatting of the report, and the "saved" report will not be in the database itself as you asked.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Another option that hasn't been mentioned is to save the report as a snapshot. Look up snapshot in the online help and you will see how to do so.
    Wendell