New Lounger
    Thanks

dial-up connection

When I set up a dial-up connection for my ISP, I selected the option to reserve it for my use only. Now when I log on as administrator to install software that wants an internet connection I can't use the connection since it is not visible in the list of dial-up connections. I can't seem to find a way to change this setting. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: dial-up connection

Here's something to try. It's based on a semi-informed guess about how it works.

Do a Start | Find... for rasphone.pbk in your Documents and Settings path. The connections that are unique to an individual should appear in the file in that individual's folder, while the others appear in the All Users folder. If there is only one that is aberrant, you could copy the file from the individual user's folder to the Administrator folder (or whatever). If you need to "move" a connection from one user to another, you could try (I haven't tried it myself!) moving the relevant settings from one .pbk file to another. They look like plain text to me.

Backups, of course, are in order before editing.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: dial-up connection

Thanks for your quick response. I apologize for the tardiness of my reply but I've been distracted by more pressing issues. I tried to copy the rasphone.pbk file to my administrators documents and settings but was getting nowhere. What finally did work for me was to log on as administrator, open the network connections wizard and select the option for transferring my ISP account to this computer. Everything seems to be OK now. Thanks again.