Star Lounger
    Thanks

AutoExec Macro (2000)

First I have 2 problems. I created a macro in Word and named autoexec. For any reason, when I opened Word I received an erro. Second, I want to know how to make the autoexec macro execute only in another template. For example, if I choose that template instead of the normal.dot to create a document, the macro will execute automatically.

The error I received above, is when the macro execute in normal.dot. When I put it to another template, it does not execute at all.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoExec Macro (2000)

I found out and called it autonew. It works, but I want to know if this is the best way to go. Will it still be executed after creating a document in that template and opening it later?

Thanks

No, AutoNew executes only when creating a new document based on that template. It's the logical place to store code for setting up a document the first time.

If you want code to run every time you open the document, take a look at AutoOpen.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

In order to fix the problem, I used both AutoOpen and AutoNew. Is that the only way to do it?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm assuming you have code which needs to be executed both when the document is created, and every time it is opened thereafter. If this is the case, then the AutoNew and AutoOpen macros must contain the same code (or, if the code is extensive, you can set up the code in one of the macros, and have the other simply call that macro to run).
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.