Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding numbers. (2000/SR1)

I am trying to summarize the data on the sheet Actual % & Salary, on the Cost Compare Sheet. To do this I need to add up the Actual FTE, which is 1 for each 100%, per month. I also need to add up the cost of all the FTEs for each month. To do this I created two different sheets, Actual FTE and Actual FTE Cost, which uses nested IFs to pull out only the data I want, then I sum the columns. This seems like a rather horrible way to do this, but I don't know any other way. Is there some formula I could use to make this simpler?

Also, across the top of the sheets it has the Months. Currently I enter the first month, then add 31 to it to get the next month. This works for now, but if I go long enough, it will mess up. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
    Justin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding numbers. (2000/SR1)

I'm a little unclear on the first question because in WS 'Actual % & Salary' resources 2 & 3 appear as salaries for resource 1 & 2 elsewhere. But if Resouces 2 & 3 are meant to be 1 & 2, this could be restructured and made simpler as attached. Restructuring the data depends on how much future complexity you want/need. Many of your =IF(,,) statements appear to be unnecessary, so long as you are going to be building thais data in month-by-column.

On your second question, assuming the 8/1/02 start date can remain hard coded, in WS 'Actual % & Salary' cell C2 enter
    =DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+1,1)
    and copy across. Reference all dates on other sheets to these.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding numbers. (2000/SR1)

Thanks a lot, I used your suggestions, and it's working great!

Justin