4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

LINK field with \d option (Word 2000)

I am using PowerPoint's "Send To > Word" option to send slides to MS Word 2000 with the "Paste Link" option. The resulting link field is:

[ LINK PowerPoint.Slide.8 "Cocuments and SettingsmeDesktopModule 1 Getting Started SF.ppt" 272 a p ]

The problem is that these slides come in as pictures with a huge file size because of the background and/or graphics on the slide. I noticed that there was a "d" option that should save on the file size of the Word document. However, when I change the "p" to "d", the file size does not change.

If I create a new link with all the same text as above except a "d", it tells me:

The specified data type is unavailable.

And the link shows up as:

Error! Not a valid link.

Any thoughts how I can create the links to the slides in the file without bloating my MS Word file?

Thanks!!
    Troy

Thanks

Re: LINK field with \d option (Word 2000)

The reason they are huge bloated things is that they are not pictures, they are OLE objects. If you would be satisfied with pictures rather than OLE objects, check out <!post=Post #134611,134611>Post #134611<!/post>.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: LINK field with \d option (Word 2000)

Thanks!! That macro does the trick quite nicely.

I wish there was a way to insert them as links with OLE functionality (i.e. the d option). As it stands, if I make a change to a ppt slide, I have to redo the sendto, run the macro, and paste it from the newly created Word doc into the original Word doc in the appropriate spot.

I know, wishful thinking!! But what you gave me should work just fine.

Thanks a heap!!
    Troy