Star Lounger

Error after installing Project 2k. (2000)

After I install Project all of my other MS programs, word, excel.., close after being open for a few seconds, Project works find though. This is the second time I've installed project. The first time I had to un-install all of Office 2000 Premium to get it to work again. Anyone know of a solution?

Frederick, Maryland, USA

Re: Error after installing Project 2k. (2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by WebGenii on 15-May-02 22:30.</P>Try the following link to the Microsoft Knowledge Base:;en-us;Q255503

Summary of article is as follows:

OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied (Q255503)

The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Office 2000 (Setup), version Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft Access 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft Excel 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft Word 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft Outlook 2000, Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    Microsoft Project 2000
    IMPORTANT : This article contains information about editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.

When you start one of the Microsoft Office programs listed at the beginning of this article after you apply the Microsoft Office SR-1/SR-1a Update, the program quits immediately after it starts.

Office was installed by using a CD key that begins with GC6J3 .

NOTE : Follow the steps below only if you originally installed Office 2000 by using a CD. If you installed Office from an administrative installation, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

(It's been a while!)