dhlee34

deleted .pst file

I have accidently deleted the outlook .pst file. (AGGGHHH!) Is there anyway of recovering it? Where do I go from here, except to start from scratch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Doug

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: deleted .pst file

if it's in your windows trash bin, undelete it. if you emptied the trash, it's history for the most part, unless you have norton utilites or a similar file protection utility.

dhlee34

Thanks MJ. Unfortunately it didn't go to the trash bin at all. Guess its toast. Lesson learned! Thanks for your speedy response. All this cold weather up here in Canada is making my brain numb!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

exactly what did you do to delete it? or do you have windows set to delete immediately, bypassing trash?

if you deleted it from outlook but not from the file system, it's still there - search for *.pst.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's possible the .pst file was located on a network drive. (Our users use their "H" drive to store their .pst files) If it was on the network, the recycle bin doesn't handle it. The recycle bin only works with "local" drives.

FWIW

dhlee34

Hi MJ, no it should be in the trash, but its not. Everything else that I've trashed inthe last 2 weeks is there but that file. I can't explain it either. No network drive by the way, just local.
    Doug
    It was a stupid move on my part, shouldn't have done it, but it was over before I knew what had happened.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

if it was on your local drive, it should be - except if it was too big. normally a warning pops up to tell you that but i think it can be turned off inb recycling options.