New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook message wrapping (Outlook 2000)

I am having a problem with text wrapping in new emails. No settings have been changed but suddenly the text does not wrap and I have to return to break the lines in the message. Please help - this is driving me mad.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook message wrapping (Outlook 2000)

if you resize the window, does it wrap?

normally, outlook doesn't break them as you type only a it's being sent - and if you are using quotable-printable encoding, it won't add hard line breaks. this is how it works with HTML mail and some plain text messages.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It is HTML and the encoding is Western European (ISO). The text normally wraps in a maximised window but now it goes right off the screen when you type.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mine is set up just like yours in Office 2000 with Windows 2000 using html and mine automatically wraps as I type. I also have my screen set to maximized.

There may be one small difference in our setup in that I cannot directly create an html mail message, but may only reply to one that is sent to me as html or I'm allowed to change one to html on a reply with the format menu. That is a restriction placed on us by the company.

Wish I could tell you why it's not working for you but I have no idea. I have even flakier problems using it with ME.