Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Newsflash (login problems)

I was delighted to see the Newsflash re: this subject, and I was pleased beyond words to find that your solution worked! For months, I've been unable to login to the Lounge from my computer at work. (No problem at home.) The symptoms were probably similar to what others have observed. That is, when I entered the Lounge, I saw "Welcome, Caesar3," just as if I'd been loggin in automatically. Yet I had not entered my username and password. However, on the menu bar I also saw the word "Login." If I tried to post a question, the page would direct me to login but wouldn't actually let me do it.

Anyway, I followed your instructions and got logged on quite nicely, thank you. That was yesterday. Today I tried again and found the problem had recurred! For the moment, this doesn't bother me a great deal--I just repeated the steps you gave us in the message, and now I'm in! I'm happy. But y'gotta admit this having to reset my cookie settings every day will get old pretty quick. What can I do to fix this once and for all?

Platinum Lounger
    Hornsby Heights, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

You could try two things:

<UL><LI>Change your password, log out, log back in with new password and change it back
    <LI>find the wopr cookie and kill it once and for all.[/list]It might also be a good idea to ensure that you've got the latest version of your browser
    Cheers, Claude.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Take heart, Ive had the same problems logging in, and confusion at being able to reach the "welcome cyberdance" screen and not be able to reply, edit my profile or have my name and password accepted at the login page. I tried following the instructions sent patiently by the BIGCHEESE, but had already tried all of them to no avail. Finally I decided to delete my Temp, History & cookies folders, and now it is working. Dont know if this is a solution, but Im here and hopefully will no longer have problems (she says hopefully). The forum is great, and well worth persisting. Good luck.