Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat PDF Writer not installed? (10.2627.2625)

When I try to create a PDF file from within Word or Excel, I get the error message "Acrobat PDF Writer is not installed." I haven't found any instructions on how the PDF Writer gets installed. There doesn't seem to be any such option in Office Setup.

Now, I do have PDF Writer installed as a printer, and I am able to create PDFs from within WordPerfect 10. Is creating a pdf file not an integrated function in Office 2002?

I do have PDFWriter.xla in my ..Office10Library and ..OfficeAddins directories, and PDFWriter97.dot in ..Office 10Startup, and Pdfmon.dll in ..OfficeXlview.

What else is required to make Create Adobe PDF work?

Thanks,
    Terry

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat PDF Writer not installed? (10.2627.2625)

was the .dot installed by adobe acrobat? office doesn't include native capability to save as pdf and you need acrobat (full version) installed to use the toolbar buttons the dot installs.

you should be able to use file | print and print to pdf though.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acrobat PDF Writer not installed? (10.2627.262

Thanks for responding, Mary. I have no idea where the .dot or .xla files came from. I've never had Adobe Acrobat on my computer. I assume they were put there by some program I have installed over the years. I just restored them from a tape backup after I had to reinstall Windows.

I don't know where my pdf printer driver came from either. Presumably from one of the other Adobe programs I have (or had) installed on my computer at various times: PhotoDeluxe, Photoshop LE, Photoshop, and a light version of Adobe Type Manager, if not from Office 97 itself.

I assumed that, because there is an enabled menu item in the file menus of Office 2002 apps, they would be functional, as they are in WordPerfect.

Terry

Super Moderator
    Thanks

"I don't know where my pdf printer driver came from either"

There are several PDF type programs that will add the print driver. You may want to do a search on the internet for such a program. Also, I believe that at one time there were some listed in the "Software Finds and Wants " board here at the WOPR Lounge.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe PageMaker is one that will create the print driver, I believe.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.