eaman

Unable to save print settings?

Help! One person I support has Outlook 98/Windows NT 4/Office 97, and gets a problem printing ONLY from Outlook to her HP Laserjet 2100.

The problem: gets the message "Unable to save the print settings" when printing from ONLY Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and Notes. Doesn't have a problem printing from mail messages.

We've tried reinstalling both the print driver and Outlook 98 in separate, controlled conditions. No luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Microsoft.com has nothing substantial on this one.

Thanks!

Rob

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unable to save print settings?

Hi Rob,

We have also experienced this problem in our OL98 (we have upgraded to ol2000 in the meantime).

The following address contains a longer Microsoft description of what could be troubling you.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q163/0/90.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q163/0/90.ASP</A>

We solved the problem by copying another user's OUTLPRNT file to the problematic PC, and for some reason everything worked again. Strange world this IT business, eh?

eaman

Colin, I appreciate the info, but prior to posting I had already had my top staffer try everything on that Microsoft sheet, and no luck. We actually tried my own OUTLPRNT file and it didn't work.

Any other ideas or info on this from anyone?

Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

try renaming it and let outlook create a new one.

eaman

I've tried it and still had no luck. Hmmn. Anyone else tried anything else that's worked for this?