New Lounger
    Thanks

AutoLabel (Acc2K)

I have inherited a database project with several forms, each containing 30-40 controls mostly of textbox, combobox, and checkbox types. It looks like these forms were created with the AutoLabel turned off for all of the controls as the labels are not attached to the corresponding control as would normally happen when a control is created. Either that or the labels were deleted and replaced manually with a label control. I am to add access keys to each field to allow users to go directly to a control without using the mouse or tab/enter keys. I was going to simply add the access key value (& preceding the key character in the label captions), but none of the controls have attached labels. Is there a way, programatically or otherwise, to attach or create the labels, short of recreating each control?

For example:

A textbox control Sfield1 has a label (Label1) to its left with "Name" as the caption. I am to change the Label1 caption to "Name(&1)" which should allow the user to press alt-1 and have the focus moved directly to the Sfield1 control. If the label was created with the Sfield1 control, then this works fine, but this is not the case. I would like to somehow attach Label1 to Sfield1 without having to recreate the Sfield1 control.

Possible?

Thanks for any assistance,

Warren

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoLabel (Acc2K)

You can select an existing label and use Edit-->Cut to cut if from the form. The select the control you want to attach the label to and select Edit-->Paste. That will attach a label to a control.

Afterthought -- It is possible to do this programmatically, but I never bother with it.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Probably the easiest way to do this is to click on a label, use Ctl-X to delete it, click on the control you want to attach it to, then do a Ctl-V. Prior to doing this, make sure the autolabel defaults are set like you want them, so when you do the Ctl-V, the label will go where you want it (that is, same line and to left, or whereever).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to you both. It works great, saved me many hours of work otherwise.

The solution was too easy, I should have known, but that's why you're the experts and we come to you.

Thanks again