2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem using Outlook to print folders (2002)

I have added My Documents and a couple of other folders to the Outlook Shortcuts. Clicking any of these shortcuts provides me with a display of all folders and files in that folder. It looks exactly like the Windows Explorer display AND YOU CANT PRINT IT!!

Except that I can't. I opt for the Table style (the only choice), and I get all the right column headings but no data underneath them. I don't actually have to print: it also fails in Print Preview.

However, friends in an office using Office 2000 can print folders perfectly successfully.

BTW I'm using Outlook 2002 with SP-1 and Windows Me (4.90.3000). My printer is an HP Deskjet 815C.

Also BTW, the My Favorites and My Computer shortcuts also give empty pages. Every other Outlook shortcut that I have tried works OK. I can print e-mails, addresses etc.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem using Outlook to print folders (2002)

My Documents and My Favorites are not Outlook *objects*. They gave these shortcuts simply as a view. All the other folders likely contain Outlook objects.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

To print out ANY folder or complete drive from Windows Explorer go to http://www.karenware.com and download "Directory Printer". It will work with any version of Windows. You will need the a copy of the Visual Basic Runtime v6.0 installer, vbrun60-setup.exe, which can be downloaded there also.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

I hear what you say and I am sure you are right about what is and what isn't an Outlook object.

Does it have a bearing on this problem? I don't think so, because this "non-object" prints on all other versions of Outlook that I have tested. Indeed, the network admin in my last company now regularly uses this facility. He prints out folders from the server's networked drives and gives them out to the managers for them to mark which files to keep.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks

OL2002 here on a W2K system, and it seems I can preview and print any folder I want. The only time it draws a blank is when using the Icon view.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Leif. I'm glad this works for somebody, at least. I'll suppose I'll have to continue to use dir >prn at the DOS prompt. At least that works on Windows Me.

Regards
    John

Thanks

If your printer is set up for colour, have you tried changing its default to B&W?
    (Or vice-versa.)