Thread: FDisk Oops!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

FDisk Oops!

Well, to make a long story short, I got so frustrated with my second computer I have: virus, clogged with junk etc. I thought I'd just reformat the disk and start all over. All my important information is on my other computer.
    Well, I seemed to have an empty hard drive now and want to upgrade to Windows ME, I was using Win98 but can not find the disk, only a startup disk.
    When I start the computer up now I get the C prompt. I tried to install ME but it won't boot up. I tried installing the CD rom software but not sure if it worked.
    HELP!
    Frank

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FDisk Oops!

If your computer can not boot up from CD and you have no WinME boot diskette, install Win98 first. Boot from Win98 Startup disk, insert your Win98 Installation CD and install choosing "minimal" option. Then upgrade to WinME.

You can also (I am not sure about it) create WinME Startup Disk on your another computer. Insert your WinME Installation CD, choose "Browse" and look for BOOTDISK folder. If there it is, create boot disk (there must be exe file to do it), and use it to install WinME.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FDisk Oops!

Thanks,
    Had to bring computer to shop,
    Don't have tech expertise to reset up again but thanks for your help.
    Frank