3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default values for Public Folder (Outlook 2000)

can anyone give me any pointers on how to customise a public folder please ?

I would like to have the default meeting duration to be All Day and the default date to be what ever date is being browsed in the folder at the time of creation.

E.G. I am looking at a shared calendar folder for 28th June and I want to add an entry so i click New Appointment. When the dialog opens I want it to have the date of 28 June 2002 and the All Day Event ticked.

any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default values for Public Folder (Outlook 2000)

Are you clicking on a day to select it before beginning the new appointment? In any view I try (day, week, mo.) the selected day is inserted when I click the new button or right click on the day.

Can you use the all day event instead of an appointment? The reason I ask is that I think you'd have to right code behind a custom appointment form to change the time parameters to all day.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default values for Public Folder (Outlook 2000)

The New All day Event option is great - no idea why i didnt spot it in the menu !?

I think the problem with selecting a specific day is down to the way the folder has been customised.

There is some research that is required for me to understand what has been done and then what we can do about it.

thanks again