New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook doesn't recognise Corporate Account (2000 SR-1)

Hello, Users in my workplace use Outlook 2000 on Windows 95 machines. I am having problems re-installing Outlook 2000 for 1 particular user. For some reason when installed it only recognises the account as an Internet Mail account and not a corporate account connected to Exchange Server. I am installing Outlook the same way I would any other user, which has always worked.
    When this is installed I am usually able to access properties and configure the users mailbox. When accessing properties for this 1 user I receive a box that says internet mail account, there are no Services, Delivery and Addressing tabs to be seen.
    I would be very grateful if anyone could offer any advice?
    Thanks.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook doesn't recognise Corporate Account (2000 SR-1)

Sounds like it might be profile corruption. Have you tried removing the old profile and adding a new one with a different name?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

are you in internet mode or corporate mode? if you can open outlook, tools | options | mail services then reconfigure mail support button near the bottom of the dialog.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hello,
    I'm unable to change profiles or check options, as when you click on Tools, the options menu is totally greyed out?? I've tried re-installing it again, but when I open Outlook I receive an error: unable to open your default email folders, the location to send and receive could not be found...but it won't let me specify the location anywhere.

New Lounger
    Thanks

This problem seemed to be with the users profile. As when I logged to his PC Outlook loaded fine. I renamed the user.dat file and all was ok. Still not sure why this happened in the 1st place though.
    Thanks for your help!