Lounger
    Thanks

Reporting functions (VB 6)

Hello all, I was just wondering about reporting in VB. Currently we are developing our applications in Access 2000 and using the reporting functionality of Access to create reports that show various data. Does VB has this capability? Or if not, is it possible to pull in Access reports into VB? Thanks for you help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Reporting functions (VB 6)

I believe the typical user would use a product called Crystal Reports with VB to do reporting functions - it's been a LONG while, but I believe a simple version of it comes with VB. IMHO, the reporting tools in Access are as good or better in some cases as those of Crystal Reports, but unfortunately they won't work in VB as they are dependent on have the Access functions. Hope this helps.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reporting functions (VB 6)

Thanks for the information. I had heard about Crystal Reports but I also had heard from a co-worker to try and find any other options besides Crystal Reports. I had also heard something about Crystal Reports being more integrated with VB .NET but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet.