Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Conflict (2000 SR1)

I have Outlook 2000 installed and I use it for my calendar and to keep my contacts database. I do not use it for email (I use Netscape Communicator). About 30 seconds after I start Outlook I always get the top message box shown in the attached. If I click on the Yes button, then I get the second message box. Everything I need seems to work OK after that. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Legare Coleman

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conflict (2000 SR1)

Have you ever set up any email accounts in Outlook? If so, you might want to remove them. That should disable any send/receive action it might be trying to accomplish. Or, you can select the given account, hit properties, and tell it not to be included (you'll see the checkmark on the first dialog). Also, perhaps you have it installed improperly. If you're at home, you'll want to have the IMO configuration installed. Go to Help-About and make sure it doesn't say CW (corporate workgroup). Another thing you can check is in the control panel under Mail. Make sure there are no Outlook profiles. I've never heard of this problem before, and am grasping at straws. Wish I could offer more. Oh, if you have the CW configuration, go to Tools-Options, Mail format and hit Reconfigure...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it's a common mapi conflict, usually caused by eudora, not netscape. you need ot rename the mapi dlls and run fixmapi. This KB should help, although the error isn't quite the same: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q199823

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I have never set up any email accounts, and going to control panel mail shows no profiles. I am set up for Internet only, not CW.
    Legare Coleman

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

That sounds like it might be something to look at. Unfortunately, clicking on that link takes me to a page that says the article is nolonger available. Going into the KB and searching for Q199823 says article not found.
    Legare Coleman

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. That definitely looks like it might be the problem. However, I think that I may have found a way around the problem without doing the fixmappi bit. I was in Outlook options and I turned off the "Check for mail every ?? minutes" option (since I don't use it for mail anyhow) and the message seems to have gone away. I will file the fixmappi thing away and use it if the message comes back.
    Legare Coleman