3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Relative References (XL2000 SR1)

According to VBA Help under Referring to Cells Relative to Other Cells:

"Note You can record macros that use the Offset property instead of absolute references. On the Tools menu, point to Record Macro, and then click Use Relative References."

However when I use Tools/Record Macro I do not get the Use Relative References option. Am I missing something or is this a bug/feature?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Relative References (XL2000 SR1)

When you record a macro, you should get a small toolbar on the worksheet. That toolbar has two buttons on it. The one on the left stops recording and the one on the right switches between absolute and relative references.
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Legare

I never use the Stop Recording toolbar, I go back to Tools/Macro to stop recording and the relative references button isn't available there.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Mike,

I ran into the same situation a while ago.

I assume you don't even see the Stop Recording toolbar, hence the need to go back to the menu. That's what happened in my case. I may have closed the toolbar while recording one macro or it was closed somehow. When I recorded the next macro (don't recall whether it was in same workbook or not), the toolbar was not there. So back to the menu to stop recording.

Of course, opening the toolbar thru the menu while recording a macro records opening the toolbar so that has to be deleted. But that's the only place I know, as Legare said, to deal with relative references.

Fred