Lounger
    Thanks

XP Tables (Word 2K/XP)

My colleague opened my 2K document in his XP and found that my tables appeared to have very large right cell margins. The table properties box showed no such thing, however. Is this problem common and what to do about it? We tried setting compatibility to Word 2000, but it did not help.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP Tables (Word 2K/XP)

Israel, Folks

I am the Colleague who had the problem..

I have managed to resolve it myself, and I thought the group will benefit if I can point out that the reason for this missbehaviour.
    The paragraph setting of the table cells included an "indent, after" of 2cm.

I have not checked to see if the same file under Win2K, Win97 has the "indent after" set or not.

Moshe

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP Tables (Word 2K/XP)

We have checked this out and it is rather strange that Word XP adds to a certain paragraph style (and the other styles based on it) a 2 cm Indent After, which does not exist in the template style when opened in W2K. When a new document is opened from this template in XP, the indent is there. There is no trace of this behavior in Word 2000. We are using a system that is enabled for Hebrew and 2 cm is the left indent for the Normal style. I plan to save the template from XP and try opening it in W2K to see if that solves the problem.