3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't open 97 presentation on 2000 (2000 SR-1)

I have a PowerPoint presentation which I am working on at home, and saved in PowerPoint 97. When I attempt to open the file at work, using PowerPoint 2000, I get the error message:
    <hr>PowerPoint can't read the outline from [filename]. No text converter is installed for this file type.<hr>
    I really need to open this presentation ASAP. What can I do?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't open 97 presentation on 2000 (2000 SR-1)

I've got '97 and 2000 here if you want to let me take a shot at it for you, Gary. Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'd take you up on that, but it's a 35MB file, and e-mailing it might not be a viable option. Besides, I'm not convinced that it might not be the result of a bad file (I burned it to CD this morning, but did not have time to verify that the file was good before coming to work.)

Thanks for the offer of assistance!
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hmm. Well, I can accept pretty big files. Do you have winzip? I understand, tho, if you don't want to try that out. With both on my machine, tho, I thought I'd have a good shot at troubleshooting. See if you can do an Insert-Slides from File into a new, blank presentation?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I have WinZip, and I did zip the file (28MB) and sent it to you. I did try the Insert Slides trick earlier, it didn't work.

Thanks! Hope I don't crash your mail server...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I figured it'd be a big file, but not THAT big. Truth is, I had no problem receiving it!

But I couldn't open it from 97, 2000, or XP (which I installed to try opening this file, but have been meaning to reinstall anyway--so you gave me an excuse, thanks). No go, Gary. I think you're right. Bad.