Can anyone help me with a couple of Outlook distribution group frustrations?

1. I have set up a distribution list with about 30 people in it. When I add or delete members in the group, Outlook shows me an easy-to-use alphabetically-ordered view of all of the list members. However, if I send a message to the group and then view the message in the Outbox or in Sent Items, the order of names seems almost random. Is there anything I can do to force alphabetical order here?

2. Sometimes I receive a note from a person in the group which I want to send to all other members in the group, excluding the person who sent me the note in the first place (does that make sense?). What I do now is send the note to the distribution list, then quickly open up the Outbox where I see all of the individual names, then remove the addresses that should not receive the note, then send the message again. Issue #1 above complicates life here.

Ideally, what I would like is an "Expand Distribution List" function that would convert the distribution list name on my new note to an alphabetized list of addresses in the group before the message is sent.

Does anyone have an idea of how to achieve this?